openMSX is an emulator for the MSX home computer system. Its goal is to emulate all aspects of the MSX with 100% accuracy. The program has a built-in command interface called the console, which allows you to control almost all aspects of openMSX while it is running.
- Command interface via pipes or a (UNIX domain) socket: control openMSX with any external application.
- TCL scripting: enhance openMSX with powerful scripts.
- System ROMs are specified and found with their SHA1 sums or file names as a fall back.
- `Real time timing', using the specially developed EmuTime model.
- Cycle accurate VDP command engine timing.
- Pixel accurate rendering: horizontal screen splits are rendered (almost) correctly (Unknown Reality, Verti-demo).
- openMSX Catapult: the optional GUI for openMSX.